- Do I need a Power of Attorney? Do I need a Power of Attorney?
- Who should be my Attorney? Who should be my Attorney?
- A Straightforward Power of Attorney which you might use if you are going abroad for a while. This Power of Attorney would not continue to be used if you lost mental capacity and does not need to be registered with the Public Guardian’s Office.
- A Continuing Power of Attorney deals with property or financial matters.
- A Welfare Power of Attorney deals with more practical matters such as medical treatment, care and accommodation.
Both the Continuing and Welfare Power of Attorney will continue to have effect if you lose mental capacity. To allow this to happen these Powers of Attorney (which can be contained in the same document) must be registered with the Public Guardian’s Office.< Back to list